Join Caledonian Holotropic for a weekend of adventure, surfing the inner landscape in expanded states of consciousness. The vehicle is your body - the technology is Holotropic Breathwork™ - the fuel is your breath.
What is Holotropic Breathwork?
Essentially Holotropic Breathwork enables us to learn, to heal and to create.
It has 3 components:
• Focussed Energy Release Bodywork
Holotropic Breathwork has supported many people in many different ways on their journey. It can be:
• a powerful method of personal transformation and healing
• an insightful personal enquiry tool to know thyself – light & shadow
• a self-empowering way (because you do the work) to re-integrate fragmented parts of ourselves that may have been split off through guilt, shame, fear anger, sadness over years of conditioning by significant others
• a highly experiential complimentary therapeutic technology to psychotherapy
• used to access ideas and inspiration from the transpersonal realm to improve an individual’s way of being in the world for not only the wounded but for the artist or scientist or student or inventor. The dreamlike images that can be presented in expanded states of consciousness often contain solutions to questions on our minds.
• a deep self-care approach for the healing and helping professional
• an evidenced based tool that can get to the root of and heal addiction and depression
• supportive in the healing of previous emotional or physical trauma; in reducing the symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress; in emotional expression & release and for creative inspiration.
Many people report that Holotropic breathwork has been instrumental in helping them to connect with who and what they truly are and with what their lives are about.
A Holotropic session includes the following:
• An important preparation session and a breather /sitter partnering on Friday evening
• Breathwork session in the morning and one in the afternoon for Saturday. Each participant will breathe once and sit once.
• The breather lies on a mat - it is their territory for the experience - and breathes in a particular way, supported by an intentional music set, to access expanded states of consciousness
• A sitter keeps the breather safe
• A facilitator provides focussed energy release bodywork if requested/needed
• The session lasts for around 3 hours
• Integration starts with mandala drawing and completes with a sharing Sunday
Safety is priority in Holotropic Breathwork and as part of that participants need to complete a medical form as part of the registration. There also needs to be a commitment to fully attend the whole event.
Your facilitators are:
Mark Baugh +44 (0) 7940 421038 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate Curtis +35 387 232 5383 - email@example.com
Please feel free to call either of us to clarify any queries you may have.
The cost includes:
Soup on arrival. Accommodation and meals to Sunday breakfast. 24/7 access to refreshment bar.
Rooms are light, airy and spacious on a shared twin room basis. There are limited single occupancy options on rooms at £70.
If finance is a barrier to attending the event please do get in touch as there may be a bursary available
You can register for the event here
Deep peace to you
Mark & Kate
The early bird rate before 1st March 2019 is £280 with all meals and accommodation included from Thursday evening to Sunday breakfast.
After 1st March the rate is £320.
Cherry Tree Lodge Dunfermline Scotland KY12 9TA
Cherry Tree Lodge is near Dunfermline in “The Heart” of Scotland.
You can reserve a place with full payment over the phone with a debit card with Mark @ Cherry Tree Lodge on 00 44 (0)1383 851059
By bank transfer to:
IBAN: GB89 CPBK 0892 5068 3496 48
BIC: CPBK GB22
Account Name: Cherry Tree Lodge
Reference: "Your Name + HTBW"
A full refund is offered if either you or Caledonian Holotropic can find a replacement for your place.
Getting to Cherry Tree Lodge
By sea – The nearest ferry terminal is Newcastle which connects to the rest of Europe via Amsterdam and Hull which connects to Zeebbrugge and Rotterdam.
By train – change at Edinburgh Waverley or Edinburgh Haymarket (this is the closest) for Dunfermline.
By air – The nearest airport is Edinburgh which is 40 mins by car (Glasgow is 70 mins). From Edinburgh airport you can access public transport very easily or you can hire a car (Enterprise offer good rates). The Airlink bus takes you to Central Edinburgh. If you prefer to come directly to us by train you get off at Edinburgh Haymarket Station. To get to Dunfermline from the airport by bus you can take the Stagecoach Jet 747 outside the terminal to Ferrytoll then bus X54 to Dunfermline bus station and takes about one hour.
Pick you up –You can use Abbey Taxis 01383 735555 who can pick up from the airport for about £50 and Dunfermline station for about £17.
By car or bike - You will find us near to the hamlet of Balgonar.
From the North and South: From the M90 take J4 and at the top of the slip road follow the signs to Dollar and Saline going past Baxter’s Soup visitor centre on the left. On entering Saline follow the road down the hill past the general store and take the next right into North Road. Then take an immediate right onto Bridge St. Follow this road for about 1 mile, past Grey Craigs Cottage on the left (they sell eggs) until the road takes a sharp right, on this bend to the left is the lane to Milton Farm which you follow to the end where you will find Cherry Tree Lodge. Please drive very slowly as animals are often on the loose and to save wear and tear on the track.
From the west: Take the M876 east. It merges with the M9 after J2 and after about a 1 ½ miles you take a slip road back onto the M876 towards the Clackmannanshire Bridge and the Kincardine Bridge. Cross the Firth of Forth using the Clackmannanshire Bridge following the sign to Alloa and Perth. After the bridge take the A977 towards Perth – it is also sign posted to Knockhill Racing Circuit. After about 3 miles just before you enter the Hamlet of Forest Mill take the small signposted right hand turn to Saline – there is a tea rooms on the corner. At the next T junction turn right to Saline. On the right hand side driving into the centre of Saline is a bus turning circle (there is a small car park with recycling bins adjacent to it) – directly opposite, on the left, you turn into North Road. Then take an immediate right onto Bridge St. Follow this road for about 1 mile, past Grey Craigs Cottage on the left (they sell eggs) until the road takes a sharp right, on this bend to the left is the lane to Milton Farm which you follow to the end where you will find Cherry Tree Lodge. Please drive very slowly as animals are often on the loose and to save wear and tear on the track.